Here’s my personal review on GM Tech2 clone diagnostic scanner with my Saab 2003 9-3. Big thanks to those who help me a lot in the thread.
Saab 2003 9-3
Saab 2004 9-5
the dreaded “alarm randomly going off” issue on my 2003 9-3
to diagnose and/or disable the alarm
Considering the following:
GM Tech2 scanner Features:
1) GM software in the Tech II scanner Flash means the most comprehensive diagnostic software available for late model GM vehicles.
2) Support for on-board diagnostics on all GM systems 1992 thru current year.
3) Removable hardware modules provide insurance against scan tool obsolescence.
4) Large, easy-to-read backlit screen.
5) RS232 & RS485 ports provide the avenue to connect future devices to your Tech 2 Flash.
6) Ability to capture stored DTCs, Freeze Frame, and Failure Record for later review.
7) Ability to view the status of vehicle diagnostic tests as they run.
8) Bi-directional The authentic GM 1992-current year software will provide full bi-directional control when performing power train, chassis, and body diagnostics.
GM Tech 2 scan tool Link here:
I also have a 2004 9-5. I’m starting tho think that it would be wise to invest in a tech2. as I usually do most of my own repairs.
Is there some other Saab-specific card or software I need on top of this product?
Suggestion from folks:
You will need the TECH2 Scanner and Saab 32MB card (specify when buying clone) listed in the link above. Those two alone should be able to read DTCs, I believe. To get security access and make changes via Tech 2, you will need an older Windows XP laptop with built in serial port – a newer computer running a virtual machine program & serial to usb adapter should also work – and the Tis2000/GlobalTIS software.
Personal opinion: The Tech 2 in the link you posted is priced a bit higher than most ($349 vs $319). You might want to read back a few pages in this thread for some links to other sellers with better pricing and more sales.
My GM Tech2 scanner hq clone is paid for $246. It is with with a 32MB card and TIS2000 software CD.
Eidt: Tech II review:
Received the parcel today. All are packed well in a box and the machine looks good…. I will try it tomorrow and update here… I should be working good i think.