It is possible to get daytime running time disabled manually. But the problem can be easily settled with a scanner. GM Tech2 scanner is ultimate best choice for GM group.
GM Tech2 scanner Features:
1) GM software in the Tech 2 Flash means the most comprehensive diagnostic software available for late model GM vehicles.
2) Support for on-board diagnostics on all GM systems 1992 thru current year.
3) Removable hardware modules provide insurance against scan tool obsolescence.
4) Large, easy-to-read backlit screen.
5) RS232 & RS485 ports provide the avenue to connect future devices to your Tech 2 Flash.
6) Ability to capture stored DTCs, Freeze Frame, and Failure Record for later review.
7) Ability to view the status of vehicle diagnostic tests as they run.
8) Bi-directional The authentic GM 1992-current year software will provide full bi-directional control when performing power train, chassis, and body diagnostics.
GM Tech2 scan tool
Vehicle model example: 2003 Chevrolet Cavalier
1. Turn the vehicle ignition to ON position with engine off. Plug the Tech2 scan tool into the vehicle OBD diagnostic port. Power on the GM tech2 scan tool. Press “Enter” to continue.
2. Select “F0: Diagnostic” function in the main function menu.
3. Select vehicle model, here take “2003” as an example
4. Select your vehicle type, like “Passenger car”
5. Select “F1: Body” under Diagnostic function list
6. Select your vehicle body Product Line, here “J”
7. Select your vehicle manufacture, here “Chevrolet”
8. Select specific vehicle model, “Cavalier”
9. Select “F1: Body Control Module” under Body function list
10. Then go to select “Specific functions”
11. Select “New BCM setup” under special function list
12. Click “Yes” when the device screen pops out “Do you want to setup a new BCM?” notice.
13. If the screen prompts fails to program VIN message, click “Enter” to proceed operation.
14. Click “Yes” to accept the requirement.
15. Select an option with the arrows keys by follow the screen instructions. Click “Continue” to move on the next step. (Ignition switch should be ON)
16. Select your vehicle model region and saving option setting.
If you wan to change the vehicle region, go back to previous setting. Select the region you want, like “Mecixo”
Again accept the screen notice by click “Continue”
17. Select BCM module you need to program, here choose “PRO T62”
18. The new BCM setup procedure is complete and the daytime running lights turn off.