1) GM software in the GM Tech2 scanner Flash means the most comprehensive diagnostic software available for late model GM vehicles.
2) Support for on-board diagnostics on all GM systems 1992 thru current year.
3) Removable hardware modules provide insurance against scan tool obsolescence.
4) Large, easy-to-read backlit screen.
5) RS232 & RS485 ports provide the avenue to connect future devices to your Tech 2 Flash.
6) Ability to capture stored DTCs, Freeze Frame, and Failure Record for later review.
7) Ability to view the status of vehicle diagnostic tests as they run.
8) Bi-directional The authentic GM 1992-current year software will provide full bi-directional control when performing power train, chassis, and body diagnostics.
If you also like to unlock the radio, please complete the following procedure, using the Tech 2 scanner, in order to properly set up communication:
Connect Tech2 to the OBD port of the vehicle. When the screen of the tool illuminates, it means the tool hooks up with the car. Then you can start the process:
- Go to the main menu and select: Diagnostics.
- Select Vehicle Identification and then the following options:
– Model Year
– LD Trk, MPV, Incomplete
- At the System Selection Menu screen, select: Body
- At the Vehicle Identification screen, select the following:
– Appropriate model
– Appropriate Air Conditioning
– Navigation Radio
- Select: Navigation Radio.
- Select: Special Functions.
- Select: VIN Relearn.
- Then you will get a message: “Do you want to clear radio theft information?”
- To begin clearing, press the soft touch key on the top right of the scan tool. The scan tool will display “Clearing Radio Theft in Progress.”
- Press EXIT on the scan tool and cycle the ignition.
Done. Disconnect Tech2 from the car.